Cox Studio History

Cox Studio was founded in 1944, by Clarence and Lena Cox and was located in the basement of the Stephenson Building in downtown Warsaw.  In March, 1956, following the untimely death of Clarence Cox, Terry and Martha (Cox) Klondaris entered the business.  Terry gained professional education at the Winona School of Professional Photography and later returned as an instructor.

In 1961, as the business grew, Cox Studio moved across the street and above ground to 112 E. Center Street (downtown Warsaw). During this time, Mrs. Clarence Cox was doing hand oils on black and white photographs.

In the year 1967, came the development of "direct color photography," and Cox Studio was one of the first to use this new technology.

In the 1970's, Michael and Cindy Klondaris, children of Terry and Martha (Cox) Klondaris, entered the business.  Eventually, as the goods and services to customers grew, it was time to think about relocating again.

In 1985, Cox Studio procured the present facility at 151 South High Street in order to better serve customers.